Senior Product Development Manager – India R&D Lead – McCormick & Company Sonipat Haryana India
About the job – Senior Product Development Manager – India R&D Lead – McCormick & Company Sonipat Haryana India
There’s never been a more exciting time to be at McCormick & Company, Asia Pacific. A respected global leader in flavor with more than 11,000 employees worldwide and facilities in 27 countries, McCormick produces, markets, and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments, and other flavorful products to the entire food industry. A relentless focus on growth, performance and people continues to drive strategy and success.
Our new Asia Pacific Headquarters and Technical Innovation Centre in Biopolis, Singapore, a new manufacturing facility and Technical Innovation Centre in Chonburi, Thailand, and our manufacturing facility and new Seasonings lab in Sonipat, India will support our ambitious plans for the region. With our strong footprint, winning brands, and the power of our people – we’re a region on the rise.
As Senior Product Development Manager – India, you will lead the India Research and Development team. You will ensure that the teams’ efforts are focused on and align with the commercial flavour solutions, consumer retail and export business strategy. You will be responsible for planning, supervising and coordinating the activities of the India R&D team. You shall manage new product and/or process development as well as maintenance and improvement of existing products. You will also coach and mentor your direct reports to continuously improve and develop the capabilities of the India R&D team.
The role based in Haryana, India will be a key member of the cross functional, India Site Leadership Team (IST), tasked with ensuring efficient operating of the Sonipat facility in line with Commercial business strategy.
Reporting directly to the Research & Development Director – India, Southeast Asia, this role will:
- Lead and direct the activities of the India R&D team from concept to commercialization, deploying appropriate R&D resources against projects to support the business growth strategy.
- Direct inter-team and cross functional work where required to ensure product development activities are prioritized in line with the company strategic plan, and manufacturing capabilities.
- Ensure activities related to the R&D function comply with relevant Acts, food safety legislation, ethical standards and environmental, health and safety legislation
- Build technological and leadership capabilities across the India Research and Development team, coaching, mentoring, and providing training to ensure an efficient team committed to excellence, performance, and shared accountability.
- Develop best in class R&D practices and allow transfer of knowledge across functions, whilst maintaining required confidentiality.
- Represent India R&D in relevant Global and Regional customer engagements both on-site and at the customers’ facilities.
- Represent R&D as a core member of the India site leadership team (IST), contributing to the efficient operation of the Sonipat manufacturing site.
- Drive Product Development Process Improvement, implementing and improving processes and procedures related to product development activities.
- Lead Product Development activities to support local product and process improvement projects that deliver a substantial business impact and a competitive edge such as formula and process simplification, raw and packaging material optimization, and rationalization.
- Engage with key suppliers and industry professionals to ensure consistent updating of team knowledge and the implementation of new ingredients and new technologies of benefit to the business
- Coordinate product development projects at a regional and global level as required, interacting with international Research and Development team across multiple Business Units.
- A Bachelors or higher degree in Food Science, Food Technology or equivalent
- 10+ years of Product Development experience with experience in a relevant category such as savory seasonings, savory coating systems or condiments and sauces.
- Prior experience in leading product development and technical teams with a hands-on operational approach is mandatory
- Prior experience working in a role based at a manufacturing facility would be desirable.
- Ability to effectively manage projects end to end, good at troubleshooting and solution orientated
- Ability to build rapport and influence business objectives internally and externally.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills. Ability to confidently deliver compelling presentations to internal and external customers and influence outcomes.
- Able to manage key cross-functional stakeholders and resolve conflict when required
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement – promoting both innovation and idea generation
- Strong business acumen. Understands the broader business, upstream/downstream impacts to decisions, financial performance, being able to translate strategy into project execution.
- Must be a team player, collaborative but decisive, flexible, and pragmatic
- Willing to travel across India and on occasion internationally if required (20%)
- Able to work independently and is flexible and pragmatic
- Understand the importance of processes and systems and can lead the implementation and improvement of new process.
What is on Offer – McCormick & Company Sonipat Haryana India
- An opportunity to lead R&D activities for India as part of a Global MNC
- Managerial opportunity
ALSO CHECKOUT THIS VACANCY – Regional R&D Manager Chocolate Puratos Mumbai Maharashtra India
Connect with us on Telegram for more updates – Click Here