Food Science & Technology Quiz (22-10-2021)
Q1. The temperature during cold curing of Cheddar cheese ranges from?
- 0 to 4 °C
- 6 to 8 °C
- 10 to 16 °C
- 16 to 20 °C
ANSWER: 1. 0 to 4 °C
- Explanation: The temperature during cold curing of cheddar cheese ranges from 0 to 4 degrees Celsius, with an average of 1.5 degrees Celsius. Cold curing can take anywhere from 3 to 12 months. The humidity level is at 75%. The mild flavor of cold-cured cheese is enhanced by the reduction of bacterial flaws.
READ MORE – FOOD TECHNOLOGY (22-09-2021)
Q2. Parmesan is an example of which variety of cheese?
- Soft Cheese
- Very Hard (Pressed) Cheese
- Whey Cheese
- Process Cheese
ANSWER: 2. Very Hard (Pressed) Cheese
Explanation: Very Hard(Pressed) cheese has a moisture percentage of less than 50% since it has been aged for a long time, causing it to lose moisture and develop a stronger flavor. Parmesan, Romano, and Vintage Gouda are just a few examples. Blue or green-blue mold on cow, sheep, or goat milk.
READ MORE – FOOD TECHNOLOGY (02/09/2021)
Q3. Among the given variety of cheese fat content is least in?
- Cottage cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Cream cheese
ANSWER: 1. Cottage cheese
- Explanation – Cottage cheese is a popular cheese in the Anglo-Saxon world. Cottage cheese comes in low-fat and nonfat varieties; while standard cottage cheese has just 4% fat by weight, low-fat cottage cheese has only 2%. Cottage cheese has long been regarded as an excellent source of protein for dieters on a budget since it can be produced in a variety of low-fat versions, is inexpensive, and can be used in a range of dishes.
READ MORE – FOOD SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY QUIZ (12-10-2021)
Q4. The cottage cheese may be creamed by using ______ fat cream so that the fat content is not less than 4%.
- 10 %
- 12 %
- 14 %
- 16 %
ANSWER – 3. 14 %
- Explanation: Cottage cheese is a type of cheese that is typically prepared from skim milk. Reconstituted, concentrated skim milk or nonfat dry milk can also be used. Cottage cheese that has at least 4% fat is known as creamed cottage cheese. If desired, the cottage cheese can be creamed with 14 percent fat cream, as long as the fat level does not go below 4%.
READ MORE – FOOD TECHNOLOGY (22/08/2021)
Q5. The storage of cheese for at least 2 to 3 months at a given low temperature (0 to 16°C), during which its physical, chemical and bacteriological properties are profoundly changed resulting in the development of characteristic flavor, body, and texture is termed as?
ANSWER – A. Curing
- Explanation – Curing cheese entails storing it at a low temperature (0-16°C) for at least 2 to 3 months, during which time its physical, chemical, and bacteriological properties are drastically altered, resulting in the creation of a distinctive flavor, body, and texture. Hard-pressed cheese in the early stages of ripening, before the characteristic flavor, body, and texture of ripened cheese develops, is commonly referred to as ‘green cheese.’ The technique is fast and completely dipping cheese blocks in molten paraffin held at 104-121°C for about 5 seconds, then draining for 10 seconds.
READ MORE – Food Science Technology Quiz (21-10-2021)
Connect with us Telegram for future updates – Click Here