Food Science & Technology Quiz (19-11-2021)
Q1. The Food Authority consists of ______ members excluding the chairperson.
ANSWER – A. 22
- Explanation – The Food Authority consists of 22 members and a Chairperson, including 7 ex-officio members who represent the Central Government Ministries or Departments of Agriculture, Commerce, Consumer Affairs, Food Processing, Health, Legislative Affairs, and Small Scale Industries; two representatives from the food industry; two representatives from consumer organizations; three eminent food technologists or scientists; and five members who represent the States and Union Territories.
READ MORE – Food Science Technology Quiz (19-10-2021)
Q2. The Export (Quality Control & Inspection)Act 1963 is being administrated under the?
- Ministry of health
- Ministry of Food processing
- Ministry of commerce
- Ministry of Agriculture
ANSWER: C. Ministry of commerce
- Explanation: The Central Government may, by publication in the Official Gazette, create a Council l to be known as the Export Inspection Council, with effect from the date stated in the notification. The Council shall be a body corporate with perpetual succession and a common seal, with the right to acquire, possess, and dispose of property and to contract, and shall sue and be sued under the aforementioned name.
READ MORE – Food Science Technology Quiz (29-10-2021)
Q3. Earlier Meat Food Products Order 1973 (MFPO) under the Essential Commodity Act was administered by?
- Ministry of health
- Ministry of food processing industries
- Ministry of Agriculture (Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries)
- Veterinary Council of India
ANSWER: B. Ministry of food processing industries
- Explanation – The Ministry of Food Processing Industries implements the FPO order through the Directorate of Fruit and Vegetable Preservation in New Delhi. At Delhi, the Directorate has four regional offices. There are regional offices in Delhi, Mumbai, Calcutta, and Chennai, as well as sub-offices in Lucknow and Guwahati, for the Directorate. Officials from the Directorate examine manufacturing units on a regular basis and collect random samples of products from manufacturers and marketplaces, which are evaluated in laboratories to ensure that they meet the FPO’s criteria.
READ MORE – Food Science Technology Quiz (09-11-2021)
Q4. Penalties were prescribed in ___________ section of the earlier PFA Act.
- Section 13
- Section 14
- Section 15
- Section 16
ANSWER – D. Section 16
- Explanation: Penalties are imposed under Section 16 of the PFA Act. Subject to the provisions of sub-section (1A), if any person, whether by himself or on his behalf, imports into India or manufactures for sale or stores, sells or distributes any article of food, or prevents a food inspector from taking a sample as authorised by this Act etc.
READ MORE – FOOD TECHNOLOGY (19-09-2021)
Q5. Procedure to be followed by Food Inspector for drawing the samples was given in ____________ Section of erstwhile PFA.
- Section 9
- Section 10
- Section 11
- Section 12
ANSWER: C. Section 11
- Explanation: Section 11 outlines the procedures that food inspectors must follow. When a food inspector takes a sample of food for analysis, he must (a) give notice in writing of his intention to have it so analysed to the person from whom he has taken the sample and to the person, if any, whose name, address, and other particulars have been disclosed under section 14A; (b) divide the sample into three parts and mark, seal, or fasten each part in such a manner that each part can be identified; and (c) except in special cases provided by rules.
READ MORE – Food Science Technology Quiz (18-11-2021)
Connect with us on LinkedIn for future updates – Click Here